শুক্রবার, ১৭ মে, ২০১৩

The Life of the Prophet Muhammad The Life of the Prophet Muhammad


The Life of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)

How It All Began
Nearly four thousand years ago, in the Sumerian town of Ur in the valley
of the river Euphrates, lived a young man named Abraham. The people of
Ur had once worshipped Allah but as time passed they forgot the true
religion and started praying to idols, statues made of wood or clay and
sometimes even of precious stones. Even as a small child Abraham could
not understand how his people, and especially his father, could make
these images with their own hands, call them gods, and then worship
them. He had always refused to join his people when they paid respect to
these statues. Instead he would leave the town and sit alone, thinking
about the heavens and the world about him. He was sure his people were
doing wrong and so alone he searched for the right way. One clear night
as he sat staring at the sky he saw a beautiful shining star, so beautiful
that he cried out: „This must be Allah!' He looked at it in awe for some
time, until suddenly it began to fade and then it disappeared. He turned
away in disappointment saying: I love not things that set. (Qur'an 6.77)
On another night Abraham was again looking at the sky and he saw
the rising moon, so big and bright that he felt he could almost touch it. He
thought to himself: This is my Lord. (Qur'an 6.78) But it was not long
before the moon set as well. Then he said, Unless my Lord guide me, I
surely shall become one of the folk who are astray. (Qur'an 6.78)
Abraham then saw the beauty and splendor of the sunrise and decided
that the sun must be the biggest and most powerful thing in the universe.
But for the third time he was wrong, for the sun set at the end of the day.
It was then that he realized that Allah is the Most Powerful, the Creator of
the stars, the moon, the sun, the earth and of all living things. Suddenly he
felt himself totally at peace, because he knew that he had found the Truth.
When he said unto his father and his folk: What do you worship? They
said: We worship idols, and are ever devoted to them. He said: Do they
hear you when you cry? Or do they benefit or harm you? They said: Nay,
but we found our fathers acting in this manner.
He said: See now that which you worship, You and your forefathers!
Lo! they are (all) an enemy to me, except the Lord of the Worlds. Who
created me, and He guides me, And Who feeds me and waters me. And
when I sicken, then He heals me. And Who causes me to die, then gives
me lift (again) And Who, I ardently hope, will forgive me my sin on the
Day of judgement. (Qur'an 26.70-82)

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন